PhapluChiwong Monastery Mani Rimdu Festival Trek - 2018
[ 07 Nights & 08 Days ]
Explore What you Need
- Phaplu/Chiwong Monastery Mani Rimdu Festival Trek – 14 Days (13th, 14th, 15th November 2017)
- Sherpas in Nepal celebrate different kind of ceremonies in their region regularly, marriage ceremonies, funerals, manning of the child, driving out evil spirits, obtaining Sonam (Merit) and other offerings to be made in the name of the local gods. On the Full Moon Day of Tibetan ninth month (October or November), a very important festival of Sherpas" Mani Rimdu" falls. This festival continues for three day, following the ten-day non-stop prayer sessions addressed to the patron deities - seeking “blessing for the good of all mankind". The protagonists of all are Guru Rimpoche, the founder of Vajrayan Buddhism in Tibet. Masked Lamas of Khumbu region perform various religious rituals amidst dancing and singing. Earn more about Buddhism and wilderness, as we retreat even deeper, before retuning to engage more deeply in the world renewed. Meditation and yoga, and the deep joy of walking one's mind clear; these are some of the sweetest trails in the entire Himalaya. Exploring the largest traditional hermitage in all the Himalaya, we walk incredible trails to reach SengyePhuk, a Glacial Lake where Trulshig Rinpoche was in retreat over 40 years ago and where he sent monks and nuns for chod-wilderness practice. Long life sacred waters curl in this blessed wilderness, a place to rest more deeply in ourselves.
- This 13,500 feet Pikey peak entwines with the Chyabe across east to west. The name Pikey comes from the two titles of the Sherpas. The month of July is a time of great celebration as the locals worship their clan god, the eastern Chyabo Pikey, as Pikey HlapchenKarbu in the celebrations. This is a trail through Jiri-Chaulakharka-Ngaur- to reach the Pikey Daanda (Hill) area. Another trail leads from Pikey Daanda to Phaplu through PaanchPokari and Tamakhani located north east from the district centreSalleri. The Pikey Daanda is most popular for its sunrise and sunset views and one can take pleasure in the magnificent sight of the peaks beyond the Kathmandu Valley to the plains along with the Himalayan range of Mt. Everest, Makalu, Kanchenjungha, Annapurna, Gauri Shankar, Lhotse, Lhotseshar, Nuptse, AmaDablam, Numbur, Khatang, Karyalung, Shishapangma, Mera Peak and Thamserku. Pike Peak Base Camp trekking is one of the popular trekking trails in Everest region, probably one of the lower places to see the Mt. Eerest 8848m. Pike trekking is popular for the wonderful Himalayan scnery including the Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Gaurishanker, Mt. Numbur, Mt. Kantega, Mt. Thamserku, Mt Karylung as well as Rhododendron flower, Magnolia, wild orchid. And during the festival season in August performs cleansing ritual at its sacred lakes with these festival thousands of devotees walks to the lake for the festival, from the village of all around Solukhumbu region.
Type of Trek
|11 April | 10 Nov
Detailed Itinerary :-
Day 01 :
Day 02 :
- Full day sightseeing Tour
Day 03 :
- Fly from Kathmandu to Phaplu
Day 04 :
- Trek from Phaplu to NajingKharka
Day 05 :
- Trek from NajingKharka to Junbesi
Day 06 :
- Trek from Junbesi to Thupten CholingGompa
Day 07 :
- Trek from Junbesi to Phurteng
Day 08 :
- Trek from Phurteng to Chiwong
Day 09 :
- 13th November 2016: Visit Monastery
Day 10 :
- 14th November 2016: Chiwong
Day 11 :
- 15th November 2016: Chiwong
Day 12 :
- Trek from Chiwong to Phaplu
Day 13 :
Day 14 :
- The above information is an example of our standard tour, and can be customized to meet your specific requirements
Package Inclusions :-
- All land transfer, arrival and departure as per the itinerary.
- Hotel accommodation with bed and breakfast on Twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Food during the trek 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in specified local lodges or prepared by our cook.
- An English speaking experienced & professional trekking guide license holder.
- Porters (1 porter carries the luggage up to 25 kgs of 2 participants during the trek).
- City tours as mentioned in the itinerary with English speaking guide and all land transportation with private car/jeep/van.
- All necessary trekking and climbing related permit including TIMS, National Park Entrance fee and ACAP Fee.
- Insurance, proper warm clothing, shoes, sun glass and daily wages for guide and porter.
- Camping Trek daily wages, Guide, Sherpa helpers, Cook, Kitchen Boys, Porters, with food allowance while trekking.
- Accommodation in 2 men Tents during Trek supported with dinning tent, Kitchen tent, Toilet tent, Shower tent, Table, chairs and Mattress.
- Necessary kitchen utensils.
Package Exclusions :-
- Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu or in Pokhara stay
- Personal gears and expenses of personal nature and Personal medical and travel insurance emergency evacuation.
- Hard and any form of soft drinks, tea/coffee (pot size).
- All confectionary and snacks, Charges for desserts including shower and boiled drinking water,Phone calls, Laundry and Alcoholic beverages etc.
- Any airfare: Domestic International departure taxes and any excess baggage charges.
- Tips and Gratitude for Guides and Porters according to custom of trekking in Nepal