Hiking Pike Peak from Phaplu – 2018
Explore What you Need
- This 13,500 feet Pikey peak entwines with the Chyabe across east to west. The name Pikey comes from the two titles of the Sherpas. The month of July is a time of great celebration as the locals worship their clan god, the eastern Chyabo Pikey, as Pikey HlapchenKarbu in the celebrations. This is a trail through Jiri-Chaulakharka-Ngaur- to reach the Pikey Daanda (Hill) area. Another trail leads from Pikey Daanda to Phaplu through PaanchPokari and Tamakhani located north east from the district centreSalleri. The Pikey Daanda is most popular for its sunrise and sunset views and one can take pleasure in the magnificent sight of the peaks beyond the Kathmandu Valley to the plains along with the Himalayan range of Mt. Everest, Makalu, Kanchenjungha, Annapurna, Gauri Shankar, Lhotse, Lhotseshar, Nuptse, AmaDablam, Numbur, Khatang, Karyalung, Shishapangma, Mera Peak and Thamserku. Pike Peak Base Camp trekking is one of the popular trekking trails in Everest region, probably one of the lower places to see the Mt. Eerest 8848m. Pike trekking is popular for the wonderful Himalayan scnery including the Mt. Everest, Mt. Kanchenjunga, Mt. Manaslu, Mt. Gaurishanker, Mt. Numbur, Mt. Kantega, Mt. Thamserku, Mt Karylung as well as Rhododendron flower, Magnolia, wild orchid. And during the festival season in August performs cleansing ritual at its sacred lakes with this festival thousand of devotees walks to the lake for the festival, from the village of all around Solukhumbu region.
Type of Trek
|11 April | 10 Nov
Detailed Itinerary :-
Day 01 :
- Arrival Kathmandu and transfer to the Hotel
Day 02 :
- Flight to Phaplu (35 minutes) and Trek 1 Salleri/4 hours: lodge/teahouse stay.
Day 03 :
- Trek 2 Ghunsa 3475m/6 hours: lodge/teahouse stay.
Day 04 :
- Trek 3 Pattale 2840m/6 hours: lodge/teahouse stay.
Day 05 :
- Trek 4 Jhapre2820m/6 hours: lodge/teahouse stay.
Day 06 :
- Trek 5 Hiking Pike Peak/Pike Khope Base Camp 4065m/5 hours: lodge/teahouse stay.
Day 07 :
- Trek 6 Junbesi 2675m/5 hours: lodge/teahouse stay.
Day 08 :
- Trek 7 excursion to Thuptenchholing Monastery and back to Junbesi./4 hours: lodge/teahouse stay.
Day 09 :
- Trek 8 Phaplu 2410m/6 hours: lodge/teahouse stay.
Day 10 :
- Fly from Phaplu to Kathmandu (35 minutes) and transfer to the hotel.
Day 11 :
- Extra day in Kathmandu: This is a cushion day for eventuality that may arise for delays or cancellation of flight or any other reasons beyond our control. In case everything works out fine than you may have the privilege of using this day for sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley hunting souvenirs or any other option that may interest you. Overnight Hotel
Day 12 :
- Final departure transfer to Airport.
- The above information is an example of our standard tour, and can be customized to meet your specific requirements
Package Inclusions :-
- All land transfer, arrival and departure as per the itinerary.
- Hotel accommodation with bed and breakfast on Twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
- Food during the trek 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in specified local lodges or prepared by our cook.
- An English speaking experienced & professional trekking guide license holder.
- Porters (1 porter carries the luggage up to 25 kgs of 2 participants during the trek).
- City tours as mentioned in the itinerary with English speaking guide and all land transportation with private car/jeep/van.
- All necessary trekking and climbing related permit including TIMS, National Park Entrance fee and ACAP Fee.
- Insurance, proper warm clothing, shoes, sun glass and daily wages for guide and porter.
- Camping Trek daily wages, Guide, Sherpa helpers, Cook, Kitchen Boys, Porters, with food allowance while trekking.
- Accommodation in 2 men Tents during Trek supported with dinning tent, Kitchen tent, Toilet tent, Shower tent, Table, chairs and Mattress.
- Necessary kitchen utensils.
Package Exclusions :-
- Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu or in Pokhara stay
- Personal gears and expenses of personal nature and Personal medical and travel insurance emergency evacuation.
- Hard and any form of soft drinks, tea/coffee (pot size).
- All confectionary and snacks, Charges for desserts including shower and boiled drinking water,Phone calls, Laundry and Alcoholic beverages etc.
- Any airfare: Domestic International departure taxes and any excess baggage charges.
- Tips and Gratitude for Guides and Porters according to custom of trekking in Nepal